Motivated Marketing is a full-service ad agency seeking a Marketing Assistant to work directly in support of the agency’s senior leadership team. The ideal candidate will be an action-oriented problem solver that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel comfortable balancing multiple priorities. The Marketing Assistant must be able to work independently and confidently on projects, taking ownership of responsibilities from start to finish.
- Provides administrative assistance to account directors on day-to-day client activities, including responding to client phone calls, emails, handling mail/packages, production and creative deadlines, media placements, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow in the absence of the assigned account director.
- Manage meeting calendars, emails and prioritize activities for assigned account director.
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed by account director in development of briefs, etc.
- Provides input in planning stages as requested by account directors or production manager. Assists in mailings, processing final copy, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence, and other materials related to account service (except billing, production quotes/purchase orders, media plans), and preparing the above for client presentations.
- Helping prepare presentations for new business pitches and for client retention calls.
- Maintains client reference notebooks and/or digital archives for all assigned accounts, detailing past work and work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards.
- By account director request, takes notes at meetings, drafting follow-up emails to clients, keeping a running list of high priority items for director.
- Proofreads copy, artwork, agency, and printers’ proofs as requested; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
Prefer that Applicants have the following qualifications:
- A firm understanding of Microsoft Office (especially Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, advertising, or related field of study preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Incomparable organizational skills
- Interest in marketing and helping clients achieve their goals as well as growing into a career in marketing and account management.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.